Even though there’s no snow here on the East Coast (yet) I figured there are places that had the white stuff falling, so this info might be useful! This article comes from PaganWiccan and I can’t say enough good things about this website! Patti is an amazing woman, and her information is always spot on! Enjoy!
When winter rolls around, in some parts of the world there is an abundance of snow. If you live in one of those areas, it makes sense to take advantage of snow’s natural properties and work those energies into your magical endeavors. Think about, for starters, some of snow’s physical characteristics. The most obvious one is that it’s cold. It’s also white. Sometimes it’s light and powdery, other times it may be heavy and wet. How can you incorporate these into your magical workings?
- If you’re a fan of candles, make ice candles – they’re are a lot of fun and easy to make during the winter months.
- Build a snowman as a very large magical poppet. Assign a snowman the magical task of being a guardian at the entrance to your property.
- Got a bad habit you need to get rid of? Form that bad habit into snowballs, and throw them as far away from you as you can.
- Snow quartz crystals are often associated with fulfillment of hopes and dreams. Use actual snow instead of crystals in workings related to wishes and goals.
- If someone is bothering you and won’t leave you alone, try this simple bit of magic. Write their name on a slip of paper, and pack it in snow in a ziploc bag. Place the bag in your freezer, and leave it there until the person “chills out.”
- Go for a walk in the woods on a day that it’s snowing. Enjoy the silence, and the magic of the snowfall – some people report that they have experienced messages from the Divine as they walk on a snowy day. Perhaps it’s because we’re better able to hear the gods when it’s quiet!